Recovery Musings

https://ift.tt/YyKf1wI Recovery Musings

I feel like an ass only uploading to LL and not here when schaken provided me a spot to do so. That changes now. My entire mods folder was deleted/corrupted. I was able to save the names of cc I used and recoverd almost all CC. It was humorous that the amount of lost CC kept on showing me the number 69 so I have returned to making sims. All my cc has been patched with s4s studio/external batch fixes and working with High School years expansion. Here are a bunch of random free sims I hope you enjoy!!! I toyed with werewolfs best I could but EA made them look like complete garbage. Full household and updates to it/ easy download on Patreon or Discord.

 

I will also include an unorganized version for people like this/ always feel free to message me if you need help downloading my sims. No subfile verions available to download below.

 

Kaleido Kate NoSubfolders: 

https://mega.nz/file/OSQmjDia#RYZFXg9vho_3LeNDwTRaxJDC6SbKw205o55G10_nMHA          

 

Sphene Moonstone No Subfolders: 

https://mega.nz/file/GWIxQIJC#gWUAM_N6HXdrk4y_n7cwrk7TXJHUaSTNupjyIjife-Q

 

Mildei X No Subfolders: 

https://mega.nz/file/6C4zQDIA#-HO5Kf-JTHx2O0uCeEbgPDBknnKfErshjRYQCQ34zNQ

 

Open spoiler to see how many files I had to recover and the ridilous story of getting back CC. 

Spoiler

  This is one of many times I kept on seeing the numbers 69 and 666. While trying to move my mods and use a seperate mod manager it somehow deleted all my mods. I thought ok cool I will just unrecycle. Turns it out it permantley deleted the files. Ok cool I can just use recovery software. WRONG! Turns out if you use an ssd it nulls all deleted data. So while I can recover the filenames I could not recover usable CC. Getting a laugh out of that hilarious number I said fuck it and decided to start the recovery process by redownloading all my cc. I had a backup stored on an external hard drive but it was years old.

 

  Months flew by while I off and on restored the cc.  Several times I kept seeing the number 69 may that by folder size, amount of items in a folder, time it takes to move files, or just irl events like commercials ect showing the number 69. As if life was mocking me that my sims days were over. I never listen or sucumb to fate being an atheist so I pushed forward. I made scripts, script extensions that download cc for you on its own, used a seperate computer to auto download cc, used multiple downloading programs to download more cc in builk quicker. I was on a redownload rampage. I had and now have to use a vpn because my ip was banned for downloading too much from several servers. countless times I used sites like waybackmachine to redownload old forgotten cc. I begged and tracked down people who downloaded cc before that I needed that were long taken down and forgotten. 

 

  Nothing was going to stop me. I played several games to take a break from endlessy redownloading cc and to pay tribute to constatly seeing 69, I named all my new custom characters in games six nine or kiss six. To this day I still have around 400 missing cc files. Turns out I never used any of those minus very minor details in households or builds. I decided to go ahead and launch the game! On my latest save everything is running dandy and yall now have one happy simmer. Expect serveral more free sims to come!!!! I have tons that are unpublished before this fiasco happened. 

 

 

 

 

 

Kaleido Kate: A cyber raving goth rainbow colored wolf (Alien, Vampire, Werewolf, Human Hybrid) Friend of sphene who tries to help her express her vitiligo instead of hiding it. Skin found from cyber Kat.

 

 

 

Sphene Moonstone: A vitiligo blonde, cyan, gold colored alien with a seperate demon personalilty hidden in her own subcoscious (Alien, Vampire, Werewolf, Human, Demon Hybrid). The other demon personality is of her own twin sister that died and now takes over during her sleep. Never being able to see her twin she refers to her as beloved sleepwalker. 

 

 

 

 

Demon semi inspired from Pink Pirate's OC

 

Mildei X: Just a cute orange and blue kitty cow thing, alien friend of sphene (Alien, Vampire, Human Hybrid) Friends with Sphene.

 

I regret nothing! The countless hours I invested trying to get back into this game. Worth it. creaitng sims is my meditation and keeps me kicking (=. 

 

 

 

 

https://www.patreon.com/BertsCC 

 

  • GET SPECIAL MULTI-OCCULT HOUSEHOLDS ON MY PATREON!
  • WIP SIMS ON PATREON
  • PATREONS GET FREE COMMISSIONS PRIORITIZED BY TIER
  • COMMISIONS CAN BE SIM FULLY OUTFITTED, COLOR SCHEME SIM, OR FROM SOURCE!
  • I OFFER CC CLEANING AND ORGANIZING AND IT ASSISTANCE FOR PATRONS THROUGH TEAMVIEWER!
  • FIRST CLEAN FOR 10$ PATRONS FREE!
  • NON-PATREON CC CLEANING WITH IT ASSISTANCE OFFERED AT 15$ HR!
  • DISCORD PERKS

 

Current W.I.P Sims

 

https://discord.gg/XmW6Z3cJmT

 

  • JOIN THE COMMUNITY
  • FREE QUICK ASSITANCE
  • BUG FIXES
  • SIM TESTERS
  • SIM COLLABS
  • CC SHARING
  • IF YOU ARE CONFUSED ON HOW TO USE DISCORD, JUST SHOOT ME A PM ON LOVERS LAB AND I WILL HELP YOU OUT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devious Desires

Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97 + Core Files + SKSE